Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Two States"

I am a big fan of Chetan Bhagat's writing. I always end up connecting with the characters of the novel...whether he's the IIT student from his first book "The Five Point Someone" or the guy in love from his new addition "Two States". His simple writing style, touch of humour at the appropriate places and "closer to life" stories make his books stand out from the rest.

I just finished his latest book -"Two States". It's been said that this story is based on the author's life...Well, that makes it all the more interesting..:)
"Two States" is a story of how two people who hail from different states in India, fall in love and struggle to get their parents/soceity ready for their marriage. The states portrayed here are "Punjab" and "Tamil Nadu" and his book has covered the intricate details of each culture perfectly well. I could associate myself so easily with the Punjabi guy's family. Although, the initial chapters did not grasp my attention, the latter made up for everything! Getting both sets of parents together for the marriage was the best part and I just couldn't stop myself after that.
It reminded me so much of my marriage..btw, that's another reason for my biased review..:)

A very simple and commom plot...delivered beautifully! A must read!

No comments: